"The fear of the Lord is the
beginning of knowledge" - Proverbs
Welcome to Emanuel Lutheran Church. We have been serving the faith needs of Tipton for over 100 years. Please take a look at our site! We have many events ongoing throughout the year.
Our Mission Statement:
"As followers of Jesus Christ, we seek His strength through
His Word and Sacrament and seek to reach
out with the Good News of the Gospel."
December already? Wow, where did the year go? It's almost hard to believe that it's that time of year again as we drag out the Christmas decorations and untangle the mess of tree lights.
It marks that time of year where our lives tend to get really busy and our calendars are so full of events, that you can barely see the white spaces.
Yet, despite the busyness of the season, we mustn't forget the reason it gets busy in December. It's because it is the month we celebrate God coming into the world to save us from our sins.
Yet, while I encourage everyone to keep "Christ" in "Christmas" and to not let church and your worship of Jesus get pushed aside because you've become too "busy" with all of the things that we go at this time of year, just for fun, I thought I'd include the following list to help guide you through this hectic month.
YOU KNOW CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE WHEN:
10) There are more pine needles on your carpet than on your tree.
9) Your credit card company keeps calling to see if you want your limit "extended."
8) The movie "It's A Wonderful Life" has been shown for the 20th time.
7) A trip to the mall down on 86th Street is more challenging than driving the Indy 500.
6) The Salvation Army bell ringers start accepting credit cards.
5) You are pulling an all-nighter because of the words "Some Assembly Required."
4) Your Christmas list is written in black while your check book balance is written in red.
3) Santa's belly is not the only thing shaking like a bowl full of jelly.
2) The NFL referees are not the only ones giving away games. (Okay, I admit it, the Colts beat the Packers fair and square)
1) The church bells are ringing, Carolyn or LaVella are sitting at the organ, the choir is ready to process into the sanctuary, the first elder is pacing and pastor is still in the narthex talking!
And with that, please note a few things with regards to our worship services this Christmas. In addition to our regular mid-week Advent services @ 6:15 p.m. on December 7 and 14, we will be having an "Early Christmas Service" @ 1:00 p.m. on December 21st in Old St. John's log-cabin church. This service is intended for those who cannot attend Christmas Eve or Day. Our Christmas Eve Choral Service will be on Saturday the 24th @ 7:00 p.m. and please note that our worship on Christmas Day, Sunday December 25th will be @ 9:00 a.m. (THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE TO NOTE... WE ARE ONLY HAVING THE ONE SERVICE ON CHRISTMAS DAY EVEN THOUGH IT'S A SUNDAY. PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF IT AND PASS IT ALONG.)
Until next month...a Merry Christmas
Serving our Savior,
Pastor Robb Roloff